If you’re experiencing financial difficulty due to Covid-19 and want to discuss how we can help, please email us at covidhelp@think-ins.co.uk.

We will review your case and circumstances, and come back to you as quickly as possible during our current business hours (Mon-Fri 9am-5.30pm, Sat 9am-2pm).

Think Insurance, UK, Walsall
uk black cab sign

Who Needs Taxi Insurance?

Find out more about who might need Taxi insurance.

Who Will Need Taxi insurance?

If you are getting paid to pick people up and drop them off at different locations then you are a taxi driver and as such you should get the correct type of insurance. This includes private hire drivers, public hire drivers, minibus drivers, airport runs, school runs and much more. You may think that a standard car insurance policy would have you covered but if an incident were to happen or you were to be investigated then it would soon become clear and your insurance would become void. If you are self-employed or contracting then you may wish to consider taxi Public Liability cover because if someone were to be injured as a result of your business actions then you could be liable and may face huge compensation claims.

So who needs Taxi insurance? Basically, anyone who:

  • Drives A Taxi
  • Is A Black Cab Driver
  • Is A Private Hire Driver
  • Is A Public Hire Driver
  • Is A Minibus Driver
  • Works As A Chauffeur
  • Does School Contracts 
  • Does Airport Collections

Want To Get A Quote?

Want to find out more, speak to an expert or get a Taxi insurance quote? Call our specialist team on 0800 221 8077 or click Get a Quote below to find out how much you could save.