Think Insurance, UK, Walsall
Spray Painting a Car

Who Needs Body Shop Insurance?

Find out more about who might need Body Shop insurance.

Who Needs Body Shop Insurance?

It doesn’t matter if you run your body shop business from your garage at home, or you operate out of larger, specific business premises, you will still need motor trade insurance to cover you. Similarly, it doesn’t matter if you work part-time or full-time, you still need cover. The only difference will be the type and level of cover that you decide to purchase. 

When choosing the cover level and type, you will need to consider covering anything that your business depends on in order to continue trading such as tools, machinery and stock. For businesses operating from home then you’ll need a Motor Trade Road Risk policy; for businesses operating from a designated premises then a Motor Trade Combined policy will be needed instead. 

For anyone with employees, whether they are mechanics, admin support or apprentices, Employers’ Liability cover is a legal requirement, with serious fines imposed for anyone caught without the correct cover in place. Public Liability and Product Liability are optional levels of cover, but in the unfortunate event of an accident or something going wrong, a claim could lead to significant cost! 

A Body Shop insurance policy is suited to the following:

  • Body Shop Owners
  • Vehicle Repair Garages
  • Vehicle Customisation Garages
  • How To Get A Quote?

Want to find out more, speak to an expert or get a Body Shop insurance quote? Call our specialist team on 0330 127 4100 or click Get a Quote below to find out how much you could save.