Making Introductions To Think Insurance
Terms & Conditions / Agreement
These Terms & Conditions apply to introductions you make to us (Think Insurance Services Limited) for our Insurance products, having agreed to act as an introducer to Think Insurance.
In these Terms and Conditions, our/we/us means Think Insurance Services Limited and you/your means you or your business. Your customers means anyone that may contact think following a referral from you or your business, including a customer of your business, a contact, a user of your website, or anyone else that may be made aware of Think via activity you carry out.
Think Insurance Services Limited are an independent general insurance broker regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and whose principal place of business is situated at 26 Newhall Street, Walsall WS1 3DZ.
Terms of Agreement
You agree to display and/or pass information about Think and our insurance products to your customers so that they can contact us for an insurance quote.
As an Introducer, you agree not to engage in any regulated general insurance activities, which includes, but is not limited to:
- giving advice on any insurance products
- providing quotations for insurance products
- collecting premiums or handling money in connection with any insurance product
- completing or helping anyone complete an application for insurance, or collecting any information needed to do so
- providing advice or opinions in relation to any insurance claim or potential insurance claim
- providing advice or response in relation to any complaint
- recommending or specifically not recommending any particular insurance policy, product or provider
As an Introducer, you also agree to:
- inform us immediately on becoming aware of any complaint made against you or us
- when asked by Think, immediately withdraw out-of-date material and/or information and replace them with new material and/or information, as requested by us
- ensure all staff are aware of the details of these Terms & Conditions
- co-operate fully with any Compliance Officer or any other individual appointed by Think to ensure compliance with our duties under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and the Rules of the FCA
As an Introducer, you also agree not to:
- hold yourself out as an agent of Think or as being regulated by the FCA to introduce business to us
- handle any communications (written, verbal or electronic) from your customers regarding any insurance products, and will ask that they redirect any such communications immediately to Think
- in any way make any agreement on behalf of Think or otherwise in respect of any insurance policy or product. We will not accept responsibility for anything said or done by you which has not been expressly authorised by Think or which conflicts with anything contained in these Terms & Conditions
- engage in any activity, practice or conduct that may constitute an offence under any applicable laws or regulations designed to combat bribery, fraud or corruption, including the Bribery Act 2010 and will at all times maintain appropriate systems and controls, including monitoring systems, to ensure compliance with such laws or regulations
- will not use the Think brand for marketing purposes without our express permission
We agree that upon the introduction of one of your customers, who then goes on to take out a policy with us, we will:
- deal with your customer(s) in compliance with the regulations of the Financial Conduct Authority
- pay you the commission shown in the Appendix
You shall cooperate fully with any Compliance Officer or other duly authorised individual appointed by us insofar as complying with your duties under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and the Rules of the Financial Conduct Authority.
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and both you and Think agree to submit any matter or dispute relating to this Agreement to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
You may not assign these Terms & Conditions to any other party and nothing in this Agreement creates any right enforceable by anyone who is not a party to it.
Think can terminate your appointment as an introducer at any time by giving you 7 days’ notice in writing. If we terminate your appointment you will be paid any commission for customers referred prior to the termination date.
The Agreement will be automatically terminated if:
- you engage in any regulated general insurance activities
- you are in material breach of the terms of this Agreement
Please contact email@example.com with any questions you may have around these Terms & Conditions.
Appendix 1 – Commission Structure & Payment
We will pay you:
£50 per Motorhome insurance policy sold as a result of referral from you. A policy must be live for 28 days in order for commission to be paid.
£50 per Motor Trade insurance policy sold as a result of referral from you. A policy must be live for 28 days in order for commission to be paid.
£50 per Car or Van insurance policy sold as a result of referral from you. A policy must be live for 28 days in order for commission to be paid.
£50 per Young Driver Telematics insurance policy sold as a result of referral from you. A policy must be live for 28 days in order for commission to be paid.
In order for us to be able to record that a referral has come from you, you must ensure that:
- any of your customers contacting us via the website to get a quote, does so using the unique url provided
- any of your customers contacting us via the phone to get a quote, provides us with your unique reference code, at the point of first contact with us
While we will do our best to help a customer identify you as their referrer should they not be able to provide the required information, failure to do either of the above may result in us not being able to allocate a sale to you and therefore mean we are unable to pay commission as a result.
Commission payments will be paid by BACS after the 28th of each month, for sales made in the previous calendar month.
Referral payments will not be paid if the referral is an existing customer of Think, or has already contacted Think for a quote in the previous 30 days.
Think will incur no liability or responsibility for any tax, duty or other payments, other than IPT, that you may be liable to pay on commission received.
The above terms may be varied by us at any time.