Think Insurance, UK, Walsall
Female Mechanic

Who Needs Mechanic Insurance?

Find out more about who might need Mechanic insurance.

Who Needs Mechanic Insurance?

Whether you are working from a large business premises or your garage at home, full time or part time, it is vital that you have the right level of cover in place. You will need to cover anything that you depend on to continue running the business such as tools, machinery and stock. If you work from home then you will need a Motor Trade Road Risk policy, and if you operate from a business premises then a Motor Trade Combined policy will be needed instead. 

Employers’ Liability cover is a legal requirement if you have anyone working for you such as other mechanics, admin support or apprentices. Public Liability and Product Liability are optional, but in the unfortunate event of an accident or something going wrong, a claim could cost you hundreds of thousands of pounds. 

Mechanic insurance is suited to the following:

  • Mechanics
  • Body shop owners
  • MOT stations
  • Vehicle repair garages
  • Vehicle customisation

Want To Get A Quote?

Want to find out more, speak to an expert or get a Mechanic’s insurance quote? Call our specialist team on 0800 221 8077 or click Get a Quote below to find out how much you could save.