Think Insurance, UK, Walsall
mechanic fixing underneath of a car

Who Needs Motor Trade Insurance?

Find out more about who might need Motor Trade insurance.

Who Needs Motor Trade Insurance?

It doesn’t matter if you’re a full time motor trader or a part time motor trader; whether you’re just starting out or have been running a business for years, anyone operating a business in any section of the motor trade should have the right level of motor trade insurance in place to cover you, your tools, your stock, and anything else that is part of your business. 

If you run your business from a designated premises then you need Motor Trade Combined Insurance, and if you operate from your home, you need Motor Trade Road Risk cover. If you have employees then it is a legal requirement that you also have Employers’ Liability cover in place too, to protect you and anyone else who works for you. 

Motor Trade insurance is a must for anyone working in any of the following occupations:

  • Full Time Motor Traders
  • Part Time Motor Traders
  • Car Sales 
  • Vehicle Servicing & MOT Garages
  • Mechanics
  • Body Shop Owners
  • Vehicle Recovery Agents
  • Tyre & Exhaust Fitters 
  • Valeters
  • Mobile Mechanics
  • HGV Mechanics
  • Car Park Jockeys 

Want To Get A Quote?

Want to find out more, speak to an expert or get a Motor Trade insurance quote? Call our specialist team on 0800 221 8077 or click Get a Quote below to find out how much you could save.